- Mungo Archaeology Understand Mungo Visit Mungo National Park
- Dating methods, 2016-2017 ~ e-StudieGids, Universiteit Leiden
- Radiocarbon Dating - NC State University
- Methods Scientists Use to Date Things Mental Floss
Mungo Archaeology Understand Mungo Visit Mungo National Park
This course will focus on the following dating methods: Radiometric dating: radiocarbon including advanced applications (statistical analysis, reservoir effects), proper assessment of the data obtained. Geology: K/Ar, U-series isotopes, ESR relevant for archaeology.
Dating methods, 2016-2017 ~ e-StudieGids, Universiteit Leiden
Chemical methods: racemisation, stratraphies (magnetic, tephra, ice, marine stages). Course set-up: 1) C14: natural radioactivity, dating principle, C14 timescale, isotope effects, calibration. 5) isotope geology relevant for archaeology: dating by U-series, K/Ar, ESR.
Radiocarbon Dating - NC State University
2) C14: statistics, wgle matching, Bayesian analysis, applications in archaeology. 6) chemical methods and biostratraphy: racemisation, palynology, isotope stages (lecture by T. 7) dating Pleistocene sites (Boxgrove, Happisburgh, Schöningen, Dmanisi, etc.) The course load will be distributed as follows: * 7×2 hours of lectures (1 ects); * 2 essays of 3,000-3,600 words each (4 ects).
Methods Scientists Use to Date Things Mental Floss
3) C14: reservoir-effects & stable isotopes, C14 for the archaeologist (“what’s in a date? Essays; one about a specific dating method, the other about a relevant case study.Everything Worth Knowing About. Scientific Dating Methods.
Dating techniques archaeology:
Rating: 88 / 100
Overall: 90 Rates